Cook / Server
Food connects us—to people, memories, experiences. It’s nourishment for our body, mind and spirit. As a Cook / Server, you’ll serve up delicious and nutritious meals with a side of smiles and an extra helping of laughs. If you love making people’s day with attention to details, listening and telling stories, Walker Methodist is your place.
In this job, you’ll do things like:
- Dining room set-up, serving, and clean-up
- Work as part of the Culinary Services Team, pitching in where and when needed
- Fulfill commitments on a full-time or part-time basis, evening and weekend shifts available
What will give you an edge:
- Previous experience working in a restaurant or other industrial kitchen; exposure to dietary planning a plus
- Ability to lift / carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- You have a knack for connecting, engaging, and communicating with people in a professional, lively manner
- A positive outlook, go-getter drive and connection to a culture of care, respect, and service
In addition to the everyday joy and fulfillment of connecting and serving our residents, we can offer you an exciting career in a great team. We do whatever it takes to ensure you enjoy coming to work, can do an excellent job, and go home satisfied.
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability option
- Life insurance – basic
- Life insurance and voluntary benefits
- Paid holidays
- Bereavement leave
- 401K with employer match
- Medical and dental insurance
- Voluntary supplemental vision insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retention incentives
- Employee recognition events
- Flexible spending account
- Metro bus passes at reduced rate
- Free continuing education credits for licensed team members: administrators, nurses, and social workers
- Employee Assistance Program
Our residents and employees fill each day with an amazing zeal for life. You’ll get to know our community members, find joy in big and small moments—all while you grow a career you love.
Why We Do What We Do
We live and breathe providing the best living and care options for senior adults. It’s our mission to build communities where senior adults can focus on healthy living: making friends, building new skills, and pursuing long, flourishing, purposeful lives.
Why Work Here
Walker Methodist is not your average work experience. It’s more than a job. Ask our 2021 Servant Leaders of the Year and you’ll learn that we work to enhance the lives of others and build relationships to support our mission: Life. And all the living that goes with it.