Whether you're 13 or 93 years old, there are many ways you can share your time and talents with Residents of Walker Methodist housing, assisted living, and healthcare communities. Your involvement will help residents maintain connections with the larger community and broaden inter-generational understanding. Also, you'll have the opportunity to benefit from the wisdom of Walker Methodist's Residents as they share their time and talents with you. Be a part of enhancing someone's life and expand your own! There are many opportunities for you to participate.
Call any of our communities to express your interest in volunteering and complete the Volunteer Application. When you're finished, please email your application to the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are just a few volunteer opportunities that are available:
- Activities Assistant—help bring fun by assisting with activities including games, cooking, happy hour, bingo, and more
- Arts and Crafts—inspire, motivate, and assist with ongoing projects
- Outings—accompany groups on fun outings in the community
- Pet Visits—put a smile on residents' faces when you bring your furry friend for a visit
- Specialty Parties—put your party hat on and help with event set-up, serve refreshments, and mingle
- Ice Cream Stand—the most popular place at any Walker Methodist community...the ice cream stand! Sell ice cream to residents, visitors, and staff
- Gift Shop—help make the gift shop a great shopping experience by assisting shoppers, selling merchandise, and running the cash register
- Music—share your musical talents
- Resident Companion—make a new friend and enhance a Resident's life, too!
- Church Escort—escort residents to the Walker Chapel for Worship Service
- And many more
If you're interested in volunteering, please download and complete our Volunteer Application and call your desired community - ask for the life enrichment director. Or, email your application to the Foundation at email@example.com.